Justice | Teen Ink

Justice

March 22, 2010
By Daretobedifferent GOLD, Orlando, Florida
Daretobedifferent GOLD, Orlando, Florida
13 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live. Love. Laugh. Give.


Fall asleep in a crib, no one to tuck them in. Wake up in the morning not knowing if they will be fed, They cried so long waiting for someone to come. They gave up all hope, kept silent- not knowing what it's like to hear someones voice say, "I love you" or just feel what seems like a simple hug.

There's gotta be justice for these kids, a home where they can live and someone to love and watch over them.

Their helpless, afraid, lonely and hungry. God our Father says to "take care of the widows and the orphans." Well here they lie in front of us and yet we sit back and become complacent with the statistics of kids entering the foster system and dieing each day of hunger in other countries...

When will there be justice for these kids, a home where they can live and someone to love and watch over them?


The author's comments:
My family has been fostering for 10yrs and the stories of all the children that we have received through the system breaks my heart! Watching the world news and hearing about all the children dieing of hunger or other causes is simply wrong. On a day to day basis we sit here drinking our Starbucks coffee, buying our name brand clothes and driving a "cool" car and bragging about how much money we make and or getting! I'm fed up with how selfish everyone is! There has to be Justice for these kids and its not going to happen with everyone sitting on their buts being "okay" with everything going on!