Tempted | Teen Ink

Tempted

By NikkiNitrogen GOLD, Troy, Ohio
NikkiNitrogen GOLD, Troy, Ohio

"Love is the slowest form of suicide."
" The loudest cry is silence."
" Light travel faster then sounde this why most people appear bright until you hear them speak."
"The best beauty comes from the worst pain."

I stand there waiting for my order.I hear the cheerful laughter around me.I think to myself, I used to be those people.Now though I'm me, numb with no laughter.
At some point I just became this. I stopped going out, I stopped having fun, I even stopped answering my phone.After awhile people just started leaving me alone.
Then I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn only to find a short,red haired, green eyed man. He looks me in the eye in says "Hello Katelyn."
"Hello." I reply wondering how he knew my name
"I cold fix it you know?" he says shortly
"Fix what?" I ask slightly confused
"The unhappiness,feeling all alone,being numb."
"Oh"
"All you have to do is sign." he said holding up a paper amd pen I hadn't realized he was holding.
I consider that for a moment. Would I risk a few years of happiness for eternal damnaton of my soul?No I wouldn't, atleast I don' think I would.
I shook my head from side to side indicating my answer as "No", because I didn't trust my voice.
"There is always next time." he said with a bitter smile
I blinked and he was gone. Suddenly,I realized that as our conversation was going on all sound and movement in the room ceased. Now as quickly as he had appeared he vanished, and all the cheerful and loud sounds started up again.
My phone went off at that moment.I felt strange answering it.
"Hello?"
"Hi Katelyn, it's me Logan.I was wondering if you wanted to do something?"
"Sure." I said shocked
"Well I got to go, bye!"
"Bye." I said into the already dead phone
Ding-"Kate your oreder is up."
I walk up to the counter to grab my food, and for the first time in months I smile, knowing everything will be fine.

The thing with this peice is even though I'm only 13 I went through a very depressed stage and doing something wrong was very tempting, but in the end I knew everything was going to be alright. I just want everyone to understand that even if things seem hard things will get better you just need to hold on.