Packers Vs. Lions | Teen Ink

Packers Vs. Lions

January 11, 2010
By Maura Falk SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Maura Falk SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

This past Thanksgiving Wisconsinites were given another thing to indulge in other than turkey, the Packers 34-12 victory over the Detroit Lions.

The victory became the Packers third straight win, which will go on to help improve their prospects in the upcoming play offs. While the game became the Lions sixth loss in a row a franchise record.

The Lion’s quarter back, Matthew Stafford threw one touchdown pass and was 20 of 43 yards for 213 yards total. He also gave up four interceptions during the game.

Wisconsin’s own, Aaron Rodgers was 28 of 39 for 348 yards total and had three touchdown tosses to Donald Lee, Donald Driver, and James Jones.
Green Bay’s Charles Woodson had two interceptions during the game, one resulting in touchdown halfway through the third quarter. Driver had seven receptions, with a total of 142 yards and a touchdown.
The Packers were short key players Al Harris and Aaron Kampman, both out with knee injuries but the Packers seemed to perserver.
“I like where our football team is right now,” said Packers head coach Mike McCarthy to the Milwaukee journal Sentinel.