Kelsey

My sister...
Beautiful, amazing...
Sometimes I wonder what I'd be like if she were still here.
She passed away when I was 5 years of age, she being only 7.
The roses I laid carefully on her casket made me think "this may have been the same color she last saw before she died, the color of her blood against the smashed metal..." I cry again.
Now I think again of the day... The VW and my stepfather in the driver seat...
I wasn't there, perhaps I should've taken her place...
I should've been there. Been there in her last hour, her last minute...
But I wasn't.
And now, 10 years later, I stand by her grave, the trees that used to be as tall as I are now towering over me, sheltering me from the rain, and I accept the comfort even though I know...

It will never bring her back.

RedTornado said...
Apr. 12, 2010 at 8:53 am
Everything happens for a reason sometimes it makes us so angry sometimes it makes us so happy point is we cant control it sometimes its better to just accept it and think their in a better place

ilovemath=) said...
Chirta, I love you so much and whenever you need a shoulder to cry on ill always be here! This is tough and im glad i havent went through it. You are such a strong person! is that tess person the one that im thinking ?

SavingAngel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 22, 2010 at 1:28 am

yes that is Tess, my BFFFFF

-angel

Tess A. said...
Oh christa, I'm so sorry. I wonder if we'd be as good of friends as you and i are...

Angel*music*lover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Probably... She was there when we were in diapers, you know, at daycare at my old house. Don't u remember??