Adventure: Throw-up | Teen Ink

Adventure: Throw-up

June 10, 2009
By Talia Stone BRONZE, East Meadow, New York
Talia Stone BRONZE, East Meadow, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

One day in the summer I went to Adventureland with my friends Taylor and Sammy. We had the best time ever. We went on all the rides such as the Frisbee, the Swings, and Adventure Falls. We got so dizzy and had a lot of fun.

After a while we got really tired and we wanted to go home. Sammy also felt a little dizzy. Before we left we got Dip ‘n’ Dots (ice cream). In the car we were all finishing up our ice cream and suddenly Sammy put her ice cream down in a hurry.

She was really pale and she kept holding her stomach. By this point my dad knew something was not right, but he kept driving. Sammy was gagging and Taylor was whispering “Are you okay?” Then Sammy screamed “STOP”! Her eyes popped out of her head and her head moved forward.

My dad pulled over, but Sammy could not hold it in so she threw up and it went all over Taylor, my dad and I. The throw-up was brown and it looked all chunky. We all laughed and Sammy cried. I was helping my dad clean up the car and I could not stop cracking up.

The whole ride home I was holding my nose so I could not smell that really gross smell. We felt so bad for her, but now we make fun of it together.

The author's comments:
Hello my name is Talia S. I am 13 years old. I was born on May 16, 1996. I like to write personal essays. I love to read realistic fiction, such as the book series The Clique. When I am older I would like to become a fashion designer.