Top Voted Academic Writing

Here is the top voted academic writing:

voted
#1
Democracy Fallen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.
Since the beginning of our nation, there has been a well-designed, methodical process for creating laws, structured to maximize democracy as much as possible. This process is designed to keep out private interests and promote the public interest,... (more »)
3 comments
voted
#2
Pride in Serving This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Silvestre Herrera. Hiroshi Miyamura. Jimmie Howard. Who are these people? Brave servicemen who served their country with pride. They honorably defended America the beautiful – the greatest land on Earth. A thread of glorious pride weaves its way... (more »)
voted
#3
Alphabetical Disorder This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.
Did you stumble across this essay at the top of a stack or the bottom? Are you reading it fresh or are you tired after reading countless others before it? Your answers to these questions will affect how you read these next 1,370 words. If my essay... (more »)
5 comments
voted
#4
Waiting by the Phone This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
By definition, whenever a text message is sent, there is a sender waiting for a response. And there is a recipient, who most likely has the thumbs required to respond. But sometimes a response never comes. And we response-­waiters are left... (more »)
1 comment