My Weird Thing | Teen Ink

My Weird Thing

September 21, 2017
By Anonymous

Goals cannot be left unfinished. Objectives can not be averted. You have to complete what you start. That is my mind set and how I always approach things. If I feel that something is not achievable and is too out there, I don’t go after it because I know once I start I won’t stop 


Books are the worst. The reason that I never read everyday is because I would need 365 books. Once I start a book I want to finish it. Unless the book is completely incomprehensible I will keep going with it. I need to see what happens. TV shows are the same case. My favorites are shows that are older so they have seasons built up already. A whole day could pass, and I would just be watching a show because I want to know what happens. It’s not that I physically can’t it's just that I have an urge to know about it and want to finish it so I can move on or go to the next season. With books and shows I want to finish things as fast as I can so I can finish things early
Video games are my best friend. However single player video games are never enough for me. Unless they are really challenging or long, I can finish one of them in a day or two grinding away until it's completed.  Thankfully I’m not a sucker for side quests or else I would be playing for hours trying to finish those games. Multiplayer games are the best, and always give me a goal to work towards. The goal to be number 1 is a hard and long one, but every milestone that I achieve makes me feel satisfied. It’s honestly a losing battle, but the fact that there is a opportunity is something I can appreciate.


Food is another area of concern for me. I don’t eat crazy amounts of food or something like that, but the portion that is given to me is my missions to complete. Even if it’s a big portion I still want to finish the plate no matter how full I am. I also like to finish my plate a certain way, starting with protein, grains, vegetables, then drink. Finishing food this way makes things more pleasing and satisfying.


Even at home when doing homework, I have to do things in a certain way for a long time. Some days when I only have a piece or two of homework it won’t be such a problem, but if I have homework from many classes then that’s when things take a turn. I like to do all of my homework at once and don’t stop. I always do my homework in the same order that I have my classes in. That way I can remember and it makes me feel like I’m going through school If I have a lot of homework I will do all of it for hours until I’m finished. Taking breaks will just make me feel lazy and not want to finish my work. If I am in the middle of a worksheet and I decide to watch some tv or a youtube, I realize how that will be more appealing and I forget about homework. This is why I like to take away distractions and do homework alone.


Finishing things just makes me feel accomplished. Whether it’s finishing my plate of food or a big homework assignment. I feel that when something is done and over I can move past it and work on something else. I want to do so many things but there isn’t enough time in a day. Starting something and leaving it unfinished is a uncomfortable and makes me think about the whole day until I have time to finish it. Completing something makes me feel better about myself and that I can finish whatever I want just as long as I keep persisting and finish what I put my mind to.


The author's comments:

This is to express one of the habits that I have and how it affects me.