Historical Figure | Teen Ink

Historical Figure

By Zman2320 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Zman2320 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

He was an inspiration to all, athlete or not. He showed that anything is possible if you give it your all and don’t listen to what people have to say about you.

“I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me...All I ask is that you respect me as a human being.” - Jackie Robinson

Robinson was a great ball player and deserved to play, but he also showed he was strong and heroic. Robinson finally got the respect he and everyone deserved. As an African American, he was the first to play in the MLB. He got so much hatred for this.

Robinson taught me hard work and working towards what is right pays off. I’d like to meet him because of the way he fought and because of his mindset. He was going to play baseball whether people liked it or not because he deserved a chance too.

If we met, I would talk to him about baseball and all the hard times he went through while playing. Also, I’d ask about how he grew up. Jackie Robinson was talked about then, talked about now and will always be talked about. That’s why I want to meet him.