Dog Breeds | Teen Ink

Dog Breeds

October 5, 2016
By Anonymous

You are playing with your new puppy then you wondering what type of dog or puppy you have.  You wonder does it shed its  fur or does it eat a lot. A breed is a specific type of dog, for example, a German Shepherd or a Husky.  A lot of people have questions, like how can you tell if there a different breed or if they shed a lot, and are there any new breeds of dogs.  So there is a lot of different dog breeds you have to tell apart.

 

How to tell if they're a different breed
Some people have always asked their friend or family who have a dog, “How can I tell if my dog’s a different breed?” Well it’s pretty easy!  You can tell by the color of their fur or coat they have. You can look online than you might can get some information same with their size, tail,and face. Another way is that you can run a blood test that will tell you, too. Some people would love to know what type of dog they have. Especially if their dog is a mixed breed.  It’s very hard to tell what your dog is, if it's  mixed breed because they will look very different from other pure breed dog breeds. Especially with breeds who have long hair.

If they shed and dogs with long hair


Dog breeds with long hair effect a lot of people, especially people that have very bad dog allergies. According to iheartdogs, these are the dogs that have long hair: Akita, Alaskan Malamute, American Eskimo, Cardigan Welsh Corgi, Chow chow, German Shepherd, and last but not least the Siberian Husky (“The 10 Dog Breeds That Shed the Most”). These are the dogs that will have a lot of hair everywhere.  These may be the dogs that makes your allergies go crazy. Dog with long hair means that they are made to survive in the winter. Just like the Siberian Husky and the Alaskan Malamute. They are snow dogs. They can survive in the snow and some dogs like them enter into a dog sledding race. Sometime they enter new breeds of dogs into a race.
New dog breeds

The are many breeds of dogs we know, but did you know that there are new breeds of dogs. According to iheartdogs, I found four new dog breeds they are: Alaskan Klee Kai, Louisiana Catahoula Leopard, Chinook, and Shiloh Shepherd (“The 10 Dog Breeds That Shed the Most”). Those are all of the new breeds of dogs sometimes new dog breeds are found by mixing breeds of different dogs like a Labrador mix with a Rottweiler. Also like dog mixed with a wolf  they are called a wolfdog they are found in the snow places like Canada or Alaska. So that’s how new breeds are made and found.

 

I hope that you have learned a lot from this article and the next time you get a puppy or a dog you will know something that you didn’t know before. Now you know the basics of different dog breeds like how you can tell if they're a different breed, if they shed or not, and if they are one of the new breeds of dogs.. So these are all the fact you need to know about dogs and their many different breeds and how mix dogs could be new dog breeds.   

      
“The 10 Dog Breeds That Shed the Most.” I Heart Dogs. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Sept. 2016.