Poverty | Teen Ink

Poverty

By Munawara SILVER, Houston, Texas
Munawara SILVER, Houston, Texas

Better days are coming! <3

Poverty is caused by the unemployment or having a poor quality, low levels of education and skills, the size and the type of family, gender, disability or ill-health, illegitimacy, being a member of minority ethnic group and living in a remote or very filthy area. When education comes out the door poverty comes in, especially when there is just one percent.It is defined in absolute terms of low income- less than US $2 a day. Nearly a billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their names.The number of hungry people in the world is currently increasing at the rate of 4 million a year.Government is responsible for the poor in any crisis. The World Bank organization is doing more work to identify for the after discussions for poverty. It varies considerably depending on the situation. An initiative of The Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD), poverty USA seeks to educate and promote understanding about poverty and its root causes. Over 4 decades, CCHD has supporters nearly 8000 community based projects. No matter how poverty is defined, it can be agreed that it is an issue that requires everyone’s attention.  It is no surprise that anywhere on Earth, poorer communities fare worse than richer ones. But people’s health is affected not only by material poverty but also by social exclusion, yet another of ethnic minorities in whichever country, where they’re often the first groups to suffer from discrimination and unfair treatments. This is a global phenomenon, seen in low, middle and high income countries. It seems so simple. Give money to poor people to help reduce symptoms of extreme poverty. And yet, Governments and AID organizations have been slow to adopt this approach, afraid that without regulations the money would be wasted. But sometimes all it takes is a little faith—and data. According to the survey I created known as, “Do you donate?” and the question which had the most responses was, “What is the main reason people do not donate?” to which 59.66% say that they do not give attention to poor, 29.29% commit that they believe that charities are businesses but this is actually not true. When you buy a burger, before taking a bite of it do you think about the person who has never even imagined what a burger is? When buying a new shirt, have you ever imagined a poor person without a proper attire? Sadly, the answer is no. But why is it no? why does not any one realize that the people are dying every day? We all pay the price of poverty. The idea that is basically meaning to be reflected is that you do not have to stop yourself from buying anything it is just that you have to be really careful that you do not waste what you buy, you do not show off what you buy. Showing off what you have can hurt people’s feeling like Bruce Lee once said, “Showing off is the fool’s idea of glory.” People need to understand that even if you help someone, you need not show off. It is just like you’re earning a blessing but then you’re losing it like the Bible says, “But when you do merciful deeds, don't let your left hand know what your right hand does” In many ways people are doing that to show that they actually help and they have economy that supports them. But people do not realize that by doing this the one that you are helping actually gets embarrassed and do not likes the way quote that you just said.

I would like to end my article by just requesting my readers to be helpful to people, start donations, even saving money, water and food decreases hunger!

“But when you do merciful deeds, don't let your left hand know what your right hand does”

on Apr. 17 2015 at 9:36 am
Yhalainen BRONZE, Edinburgh, Other
There are some successful elements in this article and you have obviously done a considerable amount of research. There are quite a few issues with spelling and grammar. Try not to rely too much on spellchecker as it will not pick up everything. Also I'd say you should think about writing in more distinct paragraphs rather than publishing one large one. The issue of poverty is very important, however, I would advise you to perhaps narrow your focus down to one particular aspect of this very wide issue. Perhaps focus on giving money to people in the streets and whether or not this should be encouraged. One final point I'd like to make is that it is considered bad practice to write stuff like 'this article' or 'this essay' - the reader knows that your article is an article! Apologies if I sound negative here. As I said, many strong elements in your writing and best of luck for the future!