How Adolf Hitler rose to power? | Teen Ink

How Adolf Hitler rose to power?

By Harutun BRONZE, Glendale, California
Harutun BRONZE, Glendale, California

Throughout history there have been great leaders like Alexander the Great and Genghis-Khan. These two leaders carried out many bloody wars however, they are considered the greatest leaders of their empire. Would the world have been different if Hitler's childhood was different? Adolfo Hitler was born on April 20,1889. He was born in a small Austrian village of Braunau Am Inn. Adolf Hitler was the dictator of Germany during World War 2. To understand Hitler one must understand his early childhood. Hitler's childhood led to his rise to power.  Eventually, Hitler became unstoppable.

Hitler had a very interesting early childhood. He was the son of Alois Hitler and Klara Pölzl. It is also remotely possible that Adolf Hitler's grandfather was Jewish. Hitler had two brothers and two sister. His brothers were Alois Jr. and Edmund. His sisters were Angela and Paula. In 1895, Adolf Hitler was six years old. Two crucial events occurred. The two events that were; he entered primary school, and his father retired (He was used to giving orders and having them obeyed by force). Hitler's brother Alois Jr., ran away at age 14. He had enough of his father’s treatment which included harsh words and occasional beatings. This put Adolf, in front of the line to receive the same treatment his brother once received. As Hitler stated in his book Mein Kampf," It was not long before the great historic struggle had become my greatest spiritual experience. From then on, I became more and more enthusiastic about everything that was in any way was connected with war or, for that matter with soldering." Hitler grew up in an area of Austria that was close to the German border. Many Austrians in the area felt a strong connection to Germans and thought of themselves as Germans. In 1903, Hitler's father passed away from lung hemorrhage. This left Hitler as head of the household at age 13.
          Hitler's rise to power was very interesting because of the many factors that led to it. On November 8, 1923 Hitler held a rally at a Munich Beer Hall and encouraged for a revolution. After the failed attempt of the Beer Hall Coup d' etat, Hitler and his associate Ludendorff were tried for treason. While Hitler was in jail he put together the first part of his book Mein Kampf. Mein Kampf was partly an autobiographical book that portrayed the future of the German people. The book targets democrats, communists, and internationalists. However, Hitler targets and criticized the Jews the most for the terrible issues in the world. In Mein Kampf Hitler stated," The Jews ultimate goal is the denaturalization, the promiscuous bastardization of other peoples, the lowering of the racial level of the highest people's as well as the domination of high racial mishmash through the extirpation of the volkish intelligentsia and its replacement by the members of his own people." During Germany's Great Depression, Hitler ran for President of Germany. Hitler failed however, he gained more supporters and became Chancellor. In 1932, Hindenburg refused to accept Hitler because of his wanting for full control of government. However, the guys appointed as chancellor failed to turn things around and make them better and with no other choice to choose Hitler as Chancellor. He became Chancellor, he rapidly altered rules in order for him to become Dictator of Germany. Hitler convinced Hindenburg to let him control the press and political meetings. One effective way he rose to power was how he convinced Hindenburg to take away people's rights. When Hitler started his reign, German citizens didn't freedom of speech nor the right to assemble. Hitler also abolished the Constitution and implemented the Enabling Act. The first law he passed was to wash away the Social Democratic parties + Communist parties. He abolished labor unions, shut down non-Nazi newspapers, and arrested anyone who protested. To keep his followers, he tried to improve German lives by creating new jobs, used government currency to help Nazi organizations for teachers, veterans, and children.
       Hitler's rise to power eventually led to him becoming unstoppable. Adolf Hitler expanded the German nation by breaking the Treaty of Versailles. He broke the Treaty of Versailles by taking over Rhineland without one bullet fired. In the treaty, the German army was not allowed to be on that strip of land. Hitler took over;  Austria , Czechoslovakia , Poland , Denmark , Norway , France , The Netherlands , Luxembourg and Belgium , Soviet Union , Belarus , Ukraine , Moldova , Lithuania , Latvia , Estonia , and Western Russia. Hitler believed that his Aryan race needed to conquer all other races. To carry out his systematic plan he called for murdering any Jew, any non-Aryan, and any homosexual, any mentally ill person. In other words, anyone who wasn't worthy of being Aryan race. According to the Jewishvirtuallibrary, roughly 6.2 million Jews were killed during the Jewish Holocaust. The most unstoppable man eventually came to a stop. The Soviet Union and the U.S. became allies to defeat Nazi Germany. The war eventually ended because of the capture of Berlin. The unstoppable man eventually became stoppable yet it had taken too many forces to make Nazi Germany fall.
      There have been many leaders throughout history yet none have come close to the damage Hitler has caused. Many factors have contributed to who Hitler was and how he came to be. One must understand Hitler's early childhood because his childhood influenced his future decision. His rise to power was not an easy task. However he faced many obstacles however, he eventually rose to power and became the world’s most unstoppable man.

I was inspired to write this because I wanted to know why Germany let Hitle come to power in the first place.