The Disbursement of Christianity | Teen Ink

The Disbursement of Christianity

November 18, 2014
By ChristinKarr GOLD, Solana Beach, California
ChristinKarr GOLD, Solana Beach, California
16 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." Martin Luther


Have you ever wondered how or where Christianity began? How did it all start? Christianity first began as an Abrahamic religion, that came about in the Levant region of the Middle East. The religion Christianity is supposed to be based of the teachings of Jesus in the New Testament.  Those who consider themselves Christian believe that Jesus was the son of God, the incarnate God, who was born of a virgin and came Earth to die for the sins of mankind.  Christianity is a religion that first showed up in England in the late 2nd century, took over Rome after it fell apart in 407 A.D., and spread to Scotland’s monarchs as well as their subjects in the 5th and 6th centuries.


Christianity was introduced in the late 2nd century. There were boatloads of people that lived in England at the time, and travellers that constantly came and left, so we will never really know who brought Christianity to England. At the time it first arrived, England and Wales were still under the rule of Romans. The people native to the land worshipped the Celts, whereas the Romans were Polytheists, although they allowed the natives to worship their old gods. These were the main religions- that is until Christianity arrived. Romans however did not allow the worship of Christianity and executed anyone who practiced it or taught it.


Finally in 407 A.D., Roman civilization was in crumbles and so the last of the remaining Romans fled Britain.  Roman civilization was completely broken and the country was left with little to no legitimate rule. When the 5th and 6th centuries rolled around, Saxons, Angles, and Jutes originating from Denmark and Germany conquered Germany.  With that came the widely accepted practice of Christianity.  The Roman Celtic Christian church was formed.

Christianity had consumed the hearts of almost everyone in Scotland. Scotland’s rulers had converted to Christianity as well and set forth to cut all ties with the Catholic church, which later proved ro be a successful feat. They formed their own church, titled it the Celtic church, a completely separate entity from the Roman Celtic Christian church.  Scottish royalty, the majority of their subjects, and nobles all accepted the conversion and practiced the Christian religion.


Christianity is a religion still practiced today based on the beliefs and teachings of Jesus; it first appeared in England toward the end of the 2nd century. It captured Rome after the downfall of the Roman civilization, and in Scotland broadened their view of religion and Christianity. It was widely accepted by the majority of Scottish citizens as well as nobles in the 5th and 6th centuries. Christianity was at first a forbidden belief system and religion in England. Over time however it was not only accepted as a religion but practiced by the royals and nobles. Christianity eventually spread throughout the whole world, making it one of the largest dominated religions’ to date.