The Ship That Goes On | Teen Ink

The Ship That Goes On

Launched May 31 1911, a ship weighing 52,310 tons was heading to New York on her Maiden Voyage. This ship was the Royal Mail Ship Titanic. The Titanic was built in March 31 1909, and took many years to build. At 882 feet and 9 inches in length, it is considered to be one of the biggest ships to sink.

April 14 1912 at 11:40 pm, was when the disaster that caused over 1,500 deaths, almost 2/3 of the ship to pass away. At about 11:39 is when an ice burgh came into view; the ship tried to turn, but just collided with the ice burgh. The titanic was equipped to carry 64 lifeboats, but only had 20 on board. About 2 hours and 40 minutes later at 2:20 a.m., the R.M.S Titanic had disappeared under the Atlantic Ocean.

In the end there were only 706 total survivors, only about 31.6% of the passengers on the ship. The Titanic was not a success and was a great upset. 74 years later, the ship was discovered and investigated. The R.M.S Titanic went down over 100 years ago but still to this day is to be remembered as the ship that goes on.

My favorite movie is the titanic so i thought what a better way to express it!

Cj2343 said...
Your great at writing!