Coachella 2013: Drawing Fans from Across the Nation | Teen Ink

Coachella 2013: Drawing Fans from Across the Nation

By alyssa.wiese PLATINUM, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
alyssa.wiese PLATINUM, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Once a year, there is a concert festival called the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. Located in California, the festival draws people from all around the country. Although students at Arrowhead in Hartland, Wisconsin, usually attend concerts in their area, Coachella is a new unique experience that students may take part in.

Coachella is a popular event and passes for the festival range from 300 to 800 dollars. There are also prices for tent camping, car camping, or shuttle. The dates for the festival are April 12th to the 14th and April 19th to the 21st.
In April 2013, popular Alternative bands like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Lumineers, and over 150 more will come together over two consecutive weekends at Coachella.

At Arrowhead, students mostly attend concerts at The Rave or Summerfest. Summerfest, the summer music festival, is a favorite among students. But Summerfest particularly does not reach out to Alternative music fans like Coachella does.

At The Rave, all genres perform year-round. While numerous genres appeal students, The Rave holds a bad reputation for its location and the space. The Rave is located in a high crime area and some parents are hesitant to let their children attend.
Last year’s Coachella festival sold out in 20 minutes and is sure to be popular this year.
But even the prices can’t sway fans of the California concert. Coachella has, and will continue to attract all types of people and ages.