Dear Clara, | Teen Ink

Dear Clara,

By MariaVargas GOLD, Alajuela, Other
MariaVargas GOLD, Alajuela, Other

Over the past few years I’ve noticed that I tend to only talk to people who I find as afraid and lonely as myself. That is probably why new students are usually my pray. Most of them are quiet and just as lost as I am at my school. Nobody talks to them and they don’t talk to anybody. I identify myself with them quiet well. However I never really took the risk of talking to you and now you’re gone so I thought I might post this and maybe someday you’ll read it.
Dear Clara whichever is your last name I never got to know,
I feel terrible about myself knowing that you were there on your own and that I didn’t approach you while you were here except for that break in which I briefly told you about what I did in spring break and then asked what you had done in yours. I don’t mean to sound like a creep, but later that day I thought about places I wanted to show you like the graffiti walls behind the market and the mountain across town that shows the most beautiful sunsets.
Aside from that one class you made a presentation about dirndls and told us you were from the south of Germany, I didn’t knew much about you. Oh and the day you came with your eye all red I assumed you had gotten sick but I was not sure and now I guess it’s too late to ask since it’s been almost a week that you don’t come to school.
I want you to know that I miss you and I hope you’re doing ok. If you come back I won’t let fear dominate and I’ll take the first step and talk to you. I’m sorry Clara.

I hope to see you soon.
-Maria