Tite Kubo | Teen Ink

Tite Kubo

October 24, 2012
By tahir GOLD, El Cerrito, California
tahir GOLD, El Cerrito, California
17 articles 0 photos 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
"the beggar can be the king as the king is the beggar"


Tite Kubo was born Noriaki Kubo on June 26, 1977 in Fuchu, Aki District, Hiroshima. Not a lot is known about his personal life or his childhood. His father was a council member at his local home town, and that he didn’t take interest in manga until the age of 17. The world has enjoyed the manga, Bleach, his best creation, and the main reason for his popularity. He has other series published but none were ever as popular as Bleach.
I can name a 100 of places in the series that would show the special effects of Kubo’s artwork. Some of them are -
Chapter 1, Volume 1,
Chapter 6, Volume 8, “One-Sided Sympathy”
Chapter 37, Volume 5, “Crossing The Rubicon”
Chapter 40, Volume 5, “Grow?”
Chapter 41, Volume 5, “Princess & Dragon”
Chapter 42, Volume 5, “Princess & Dragon: Part 2 The Magestic”
Chapter 307, Volume 35, “Bite it, Slash it”
Chapter 318, Volume 37, “Five Towers/ Four Pillars”
Chapter 397, Volume 46, “Edge of the Silence”
Chapter 398, Volume 46, “Back From Blind”

I’ve been following this series since 2007, on and off, so I really love and admire it’s author and the series itself. Bleach is a portal which allows me to become excited about achieving the goals I’ve set for myself, encouraging me, and uplifting my mood. Whether it’s from melancholy to laughing-out-loud-like-crazy, or over excited to calm, it never dissapoints to get me where I want to go. Also, the series has little romantic plot, or scenes. Which is a very admirable and one of the basic attraction of the series. Sometime and somewhere along every series a romantic plot develops and become if not a major, then a at least a factor of the plot, but no in Bleach. It shows that not everything in your life is about the boy or girl. Shows you that your family and friends are just as important as the love of your life, and that love isn’t very complicated as everyone makes it to be. I really enjoy this series, and its been a great influence, just like everything else I read, to my thoughts and feelings towards my own creative nature.

Most of the time Kubo’s work is clear, and detailed at the same time. The characters use various languages to express themselves, and he adds humor at the most serious time and manages to work it awesomely. The humor seems to work greatly to express the plot and the events perfectly.

I don’t have much information about what kind of mediums Kubo uses, but I know that most of them usually start with a pencil sketch.


The author's comments:
I love manga, manhwa, along with novels and paintings.