Bold Death | Teen Ink

Bold Death

By Joseole BRONZE, Center, Colorado
Joseole BRONZE, Center, Colorado

The first established death penalty laws date as far back as the Eighteenth Century B.C. in the Code of King Hammurabi of Babylon, which codified the death penalty for 25 different crimes. The death penalty was also part of the Fourteenth Century B.C.'s Hittite Code; in the Seventh Century B.C.'s Draconian Code of Athens, which made death the only punishment for all crimes; and in the Fifth Century B.C.'s Roman Law of the Twelve Tablets. Death sentences were carried out by such means as crucifixion, drowning, beating to death, burning alive, and impalement. Brainyquote.com defines the word execution as, “A putting to death as a legal penalty; death lawfully inflicted; as, the execution of a murderer. It is also stated as the carrying into effect the judgment given in a court of law.” The death penalty is commonly sought of in two ways, either negatively or positively. Those in favor would agree with “an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.” Mathew 5 : 38. Those who disagree would commonly say that no one person should be condemned to death.
Ted Bundy was born on November 24, 1946 and was what you would call a serial killer, rapist, kidnapper, and murderer. He was sent to prison in Colorado and escaped and started to rape and kill more people. He had confessed to 30 homicides with in four years. The actual amount that he had killed is still unknown. Even after the bodies where decomposing he would preform sexual acts on the bodies. He would revisit the secondary crime scenes for hour on time and he had decapitated at least twelve of there bodies and keep several in his house with him. He would kill just for his own pleasures and if they would have given Ted the death penalty he would have never been able to escape and kill more people.
Pedro Alonso Lopez with the nick name of “Monster of the Andes” is the worst serial killer I have ever herd off in my life with 300 plus murders. Killing 100 tribal women in Peru in the 1970s and was not sorry for killing the girls. He was apprehended by the tribal police, after talking to the American missionary he was just let go. After they let him go he moved to Ecuador and started his killing spree there also. Killing three to four people a week his said that the girls in Ecuador where “More gentle and trusting, and more innocent.” He carried on killing these girls till and was caught in 1980s. The police were still unsure of his guilt until the flash flood happened and uncover the bodies, then he was arrested. Then the Ecuador government released him in 1998, and deported him to Columbia. The reason that he was released again is for “Good behavior.” If they had the death penalty these killings would have never happened in the first place. And these innocent girls might still be alive today.
Let say there is a man who raped and killed a girl. When he is in questioning he admits to the crime, let’s think about the girl’s friend’s mother father family. What would they want to happen to the man who did this crime, murder? What would the raped and murdered girl want to happen to the person that did that to her. What would you do, if your mother or sister, or girlfriend just some one that could not be replaced. What would you do to the person if you were in the same room with him. Would you harm him for what he has done.
Tax payers have to pay 90,000 dollars a year. Just to feed, watch and house a life sentencing prisoner . That’s just for one person that to much money to just to house one person. In California there is currently 670 death row inmates, that is $63.3 million. Since 1973 over 130 people have been released from death row throughout the country due to evidence of their wrongful conviction. The people that do the crime they should have to pay for what they have done, for even with a simple speeding ticket. Everybody has to pay for there crimes, the more severe of the crime the more severe the punishment. How would you feel if you got a speeding ticket from a police officer? You had to pay the price for it. A couple days later he pulls over somebody else and does not do the same thing to him. How would that make you feel? The same thing has to do with the death penalty. The crime you commit you The death penalty or capital punishment was first legally introduced in 1890 to the United States. The word capital is a Latin word that means to have your head cut off. Our form of execution in the United States is a little different though. One of the most early forms of execution was to hang a person by there neck. This was a effective way to kill people. There was times when the rope broke or the people did not die on the initial drop. If the people did life the initial drop they would stuffer and suffocate to there death. Another form of execution is the electric chair. The electric chair is a chair when the inmate is strapped in to a chair with straps and has thousands of volts of electricity threw there bodies till they are dead. The electric chair was first used 1890. It was used by more than 25 states throughout the 20th century, acquiring nicknames such as “Sizzlin' Sally, Old Smokey, Old Sparky, Yellow Mama, and Gruesome Gertie”. In the late 20th century, the electric chair was removed as a form of execution in many U.S. states, and its use in the 21st century is very infrequent. Electrocution is currently an optional form of execution in the states of Alabama, Florida, South Carolina and Virginia, though they allow the prisoner to choose lethal injection as an alternative method. Now lets talk about lethal injection. Lethal injection is the newest form of execution in the states. The prisoner will get injected with Sodium thiopental, Pancuronium bromide, Potassium chloride which shuts down his lungs, nerves system and heart. This method doesn’t make the prisoners suffer or put them threw pain and if you think killing people is good than this is the ethical way to do it. Since 1930 more than 5000 people have been killed on death row. Of the 5000 people 98% of them have been men.should not get any special treatment.

Bibliography
"10 Worst Serial Killers." Of All Time. 2012. Web. 25 Apr. 2012. <http://homesecurity.net/serial-killers/>.
"Ted Bundy." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 25 Apr. 2012. Web. 19 Apr. 2012. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Bundy>.
"Exodus 21:24 Eye for Eye, Tooth for Tooth, Hand for Hand, Foot for Foot,." Online Parallel Bible: Weaving God's Word into the Web. Web. 25 Apr. 2012. <http://bible.cc/exodus/21-24.htm>.
BrainyQuote. Xplore. Web. 25 Apr. 2012. <http://www.brainyquote.com/words/ex/execution162543.html>.
"Costs of the Death Penalty." Death Penalty Information Center. Web. 25 Apr. 2012. <http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty>.
Amnesty International US. Web. 25 Apr. 2012. <http://www.amnestyusa.org>.