Japanese History Essay Outline | Teen Ink

Japanese History Essay Outline

By Confused_scheherazade ELITE, Brooklyn, New York, New York
Confused_scheherazade ELITE, Brooklyn, New York, New York

I know nothing, but of miracles.

Analyze the changes an continuities in Japanese history from the 8th through the 15th centuries CE in terms of political systems, economic systems, OR culture.
1. Thesis: The changes in Japan’s culture in the centuries between 8th and 15th CE is seen in its weakened influence with China as it established its own culture, such as the Heian court and the Samurai. However, through the time period Japan was still greatly influenced by the spread of China’s previous dynasty in terms of religion and social development. Between the 8th through 15th centuries in Feudal Japan, its changes and continuities can be linked back to influences in religion, culture, politics, and cultural diffusion.
2. Changes:

Feudalism- focused on military/warfare

Decline of Imperial power in mid 9th century

Era of the Samurai and Bushi- 12th through 15th CE

Weakening influence of China as Japan establishes its own culture

3. Continuities:

Heian culture- focused on luxurious lifestyle seeking pleasure and beauty

Romanticism- connection with nature and social relationships; poetry, art, love affairs, i.e. The Tale of Genji

Strong cultural influences from China’s past dynasty

Buddhism and Shintoism

4. World Historic Context:

Cultural diffusion with spread of China

Korea, like Japan, was profoundly influenced by Chinese culture while creating a separate identity and class system

Vietnam experienced the expansion of China’s culture while developing a sophisticated and resilient society of its own

5. Analysis: Japan’s culture became of fusion of Chinese culture and its own individual style. As attention drifted away from China’s influence Japan developed its own society, creating the Heian court and military environment focused on feudalism and samurai. Chinese influence extended over East Asia, traveling to Japan, Korea, and Vietnam.

lanoo15 said...
on Jun. 28 2013 at 12:26 am
this airticle was fab and amazing..........................nooooo  words.......