The Epitome of Evil: Darth Vader | Teen Ink

The Epitome of Evil: Darth Vader

By 1Fish2FishRedFishBlueFish BRONZE, Auburn, New York
1Fish2FishRedFishBlueFish BRONZE, Auburn, New York

"Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing."- Ben Franklin

Throughout all six of the Star Wars movies, Darth Vader took many appearances. From episode one, he started out as a curious, smart boy of only nine years old, and by episode six he was a dying worn out old man in a black respirator suit. When people think of Darth Vader, people think of the black suit that he wears and his heavy indescribable breathing. Darth Vader's appearance and character would change drastically almost every episode. His most famous appearance of course, was his black respirator suit, many people seeing this as a symbol of evil.

In Episode One Darth Vader, or Anakin Skywalker at the time was a small boy at the age of nine. He lived on planet called Tatooine, which was a complete desert, and he was a slave along with his mother, Shmi. Anakin was extremely smart for his age, as he has already built his own robot (called droids in Star Wars world) C-3P0. He was also a very good mechanic and had unusually fast reflexes. His abilities enabled him to be taken to another planet (Coruscant) to learn how to become a Jedi. Anakin was known as the chosen one to the Jedi by a written prophecy. He had a lot of weight on his shoulders ever since he was a boy.

In Episode Two and Three, Anakin is a lot older. In Episode two he is 19 years old. By the end of the movie his appearance changes a bit because one of his arms are amputated and replaced with a robotic arm. Throughout the whole movie Anakin develops a love for a girl, Padme. Padme was a senator for the Republic at the time and a very well known senator also. Anakin and Padme both fall in love for each other during this episode and they end up eloping. Running away and getting married was against the Jedi code and it was his first path to descending down the path of the dark side.

Episode three, which is three years after Anakin's and Padme's marriage, is the episode when he turns to the dark side. Throughout the movie his physical appearance changes drastically a few times. In the beginning of the movie you can tell that Anakin has aged and has become a lot more mature since the second episode. Throughout episode three Anakin has visions of Padme dying in childbirth with their new baby. These visions are ultimately what turned him down the path of evil. Darth Sidious manipulated Anakin and turned him to the dark side, convincing him that he could save Padme with a dark side power. Once turned to the dark side his skin seems to have taken a darker tint making him look more evil, however the biggest change was his eyes. His eyes turned dark yellow and red giving him a very dark looking appearance. However, by the end of the movie he ends up getting both of his legs amputated and he receives very severe burns over his whole body. This is the beginning of the birth of the most famous appearance of Darth Vader. By the end of episode three Vader is given robotic legs and he is put in a respirator suit. The respirator suit is the infamous black suit he wears in episodes four, five, and six.

In episodes four, five, and six Darth Vader is in his black respirator suit in every movie. For very brief moments you catch Darth Vader without his helmet on. At one point you see the back of his head, which looks all burned and grotesque. In every episode of the original series (episodes 4-6) Darth Vader is feared by almost everyone in the empire. He is known to have a very short temper and when he got angry he was known to telekinetically choke people and kill them with the force. In episode five, Darth Vader fights his son Luke Skywalker. In the end Darth Vader amputates his son’s hand and this is when the famous quote, “No Luke, I am your father,” is said. By the end of episode six, Darth Vader turns on his master, Darth Sidious who is the emperor of the Galactic Empire. Darth Vader killed his master in order to save his son, Luke. When Darth Vader destroyed his master, he also destroyed the Empire. However, at the end of episode six Vader took too much damage due the fight at the end of episode six with Luke and he dies.

Darth Vader is infamous for being one of the most evil villains out of all protagonists ever. Many famous movie quotes have been spoken from Darth Vader, and his appearance is one of the most well known in the world. His life originally being destined for saving the galaxy ended up destroying it in episode three. However he redeems himself in episode six by killing his master and destroying the empire. Darth Vader is one of the most notorious villains in the world and will forever be a part of movie history.

This article is about how Anakin Skywalker turned to Darth Vader through out the Star Wars saga, becoming one of the notorious villains in movie history.