The year of S.W.A.G. | Teen Ink

The year of S.W.A.G.

By halle-allison GOLD, Fayetteville, North Carolina
halle-allison GOLD, Fayetteville, North Carolina

love is like a battle field you fight for the one you love or lose them for ever

My high school is starting off the year turning their their "S.W.A.G. on". Our new motto helps encourage students to work their hardest to be the better person in any situation they are involved in. Every teacher and staff member remind the students to show they got swag by wearing t-shirts, posting posters, and playing "Turn My Swag on every morning. "Turning our swag on helps motivate each other to become more active and to have better attitudes" says Courtney, one of our juniors. Our high school is determined to make a change for the better and to prove that we are just the same as every other high school.

Last year was a hard year for our school, we were picked as worst school shown by a red pencil broken in half turned up side down. Instead of letting that make us weak it made us stronger, an wanting to show that we aren't the same people you make us out to be. Thanks to Ms. Lee's 2010-2011 classes we were able to get a head start by making a video called " where's the love?" We plan to continue to show how great we are by continuing to find the love and turn our swag on.

article I wrote for the observer.