Veganism or Vegetarianism? | Teen Ink

Veganism or Vegetarianism?

By arooba25 BRONZE, Sunnyvale, California
arooba25 BRONZE, Sunnyvale, California

Incessantly abstaining yourself from consuming foods that are rich in essential vitamins and minerals can lead to an extremely short life-span. Veganism alleviates individuals from eating all kinds of meat, foods that contain gelatin, and dairy products. Although the dietary plan for vegans diminishes the chances of any severe medical conditions including obesity, heart and renal diseases, cancer, and rheumatoid arthritis, it elicits insufficiency since foods that contain iron, vitamin D, vitamin B 12, calcium, iodine, and omega-3 fatty acids cannot be consumed. A vegan diet is primarily composed of grains, beans, foods, legumes, fruits, and vegetables.
However, vegetarianism is a practice that prevents people from eating meals that contain red meat, poultry, and fish, but permitting them to eat dairy products. Apart from health causes, ethical, cultural, and religious reasons allow vegetarianism to be taken into affect. Vegetarianism comes in a variety of forms which include pescatarian, flexitarian/semi-vegetarian, lacto-vegetarian, ovo-vegetarian, and lacto-ovo vegetarian. A pescatarian restrains themselves from devouring any type of meat apart from fish, while a flexitarian/semi-vegetarian is an individual who is following a vegetarian diet but sporadically would eat chicken and fish. Lacto-vegetarians are people who refrain from eating eggs, beef, pork, poultry, shellfish, fish, and several other items that contain animal flesh, whilst ovo-vegetarians are humans who only eat egg, and lacto-ovo vegetarians is when people merge lacto-vegetarian and ovo-vegetarian diets together and only eat dairy products.
In addition, veganism and vegetarianism have prolifically many advantages. Veganism advances cardiovascular health, reduces heart disease, lessons high blood pressure, fights Type 2 diabetics, averts breast cancer, macular degeneration, arthritis, cataracts, and osteoporosis. Vegetarianism aids to decrease blood cholesterol, condenses the risk of heart diseases, strokes, and attacks, provides people with a longer life-span juxtaposition to those who eat meat, helps people in losing weight, and people are unlikely to get diabetes, gall bladder, and gallstones problems. Thus, both veganism and vegetarianism helps protect people from cancer.
Since a vegan diet begins with low carbohydrates, one should eat an orange and a bowl of oats cereal, salad, and fruits regularly, but as a vegetarian the diet varies, because some people choose to eat either a certain type of meat, no meat at all, or they resort to eating only dairy products.

Eating healthy is highly essental and helful to the environment