Natural Disasters | Teen Ink

Natural Disasters

By Haritash BRONZE, Royal Oak, Michigan
Haritash BRONZE, Royal Oak, Michigan

Natural disasters come in many forms; they are all dangerous and can lead to death and destruction. Examples of natural disasters may be tornadoes, tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, and many more. Natural disasters could also be famine or a shortage of food, or even a terrorist attack perhaps like 911. Each of these disasters strike in its own way. It may be with rain, big tidal waves, lighting, too much sun and no rain, or even high forced winds. Natural disasters happen at least once a year and to most of the countries surrounded by water, or in the southern part of the states. It seems as if natural disasters happen every time a season may change.

Many southern states and coastal countries or states see more disasters than other states, or dry states. Michigan has never had to deal with disasters like these, or as long as I’ve been in Michigan nothing really bad has happen. Many states in the south get tornadoes every year and more than once. I don’t think natural disasters are just nature but problems that effect large amounts of people or cause an economic crisis to fix and repair the problem that occurred. Perhaps when the twin towers were attack. That was a crisis that affected a country as a whole, lots of people died and the city was put into an economic downturn until they had the money to fix all that was lost. That attack like a natural disaster affected the whole country. Just recently japan was hit by natural disaster that left the country in need of food and safety. They weren’t just hit by a tsunami but also by an earthquake. The earthquake also set off dangerous radiation plants which could destroy a whole city if activated the earthquake was recorded to be one – thousand times stronger than the earthquake that hit Haiti. It was also recorded to be thirty – two times stronger than the earthquake that hit San Francisco a while ago. Another natural disaster that was very effective was Hurricane Katrina. Hurricane Katrina put more than half the state under water and the people with no hope or inspiration on what will become of New Orleans.

When natural disasters hit the country or city that the people live or are visiting they all make the choice to pack up there most needed belongings and leave there house and the place they grew up in with so much memory and leave hoping to find it all intact when they return. Since i started researching this topic I realized how dangerous natural disasters really are. When I see another tornado or natural disasters happening to other countries or states I will feel a lot different about them and change my view on things that happen.