Romeo and Juliet: Hate | Teen Ink

Romeo and Juliet: Hate

By justin biber BRONZE, New York, New York
justin biber BRONZE, New York, New York

In one of the most famous plays known to man, Romeo and Juliet, there is a major theme you can’t help but notice: hate. Romeo and Juliet, although a love story, is filled with a considerable amount of hate and prejudices. The biggest example of hate is the war with the Capulets and the Montagues, two families fueding in the little town of Verona, Italy.

This tragic love story begins with Romeo meeting Juliet at a masked ball and immediately falling in love with her. Romeo soon finds out that his love was a Capulet. When Romeo kills Juliet’s cousin Tybalt out of revenge, he gets banished from the streets of Verona which Causes a tragic string of events leading to the suicide of both Romeo and Juliet. Hate is what caused all of these tragedies in the lives of the Montagues and Capulets.

Relating to hate is a very easy thing. In my life hate is, sadly, a very consistent thing. Hate and prejudices, in my opinion, branch out from the same love / hate concept, one always complementing the other. Hate can tear you away from your friends and family's or just the person you love the most.
I can relate to this story because love and hate happen a lot. When I was in the 7th grade I fell in love whit a girl. We dated for 2 years before we found out we had some thing wrong.
Our Families didn’t like each other so we dated undercover for another 2 week then we had to break up because she was moving to Utah. But we still keep in touch and talk when we need some one to talk to. I got some of my ideas from teen ink.com. I picked an atical called love vs. hate by haggiest, Hubertus. one of the quotes that I like was” both love and hate are strong emotions conveyed in opposite ways.” Like Romeo and Juliet.

love it

Lori said...
on Mar. 30 2016 at 6:24 am
One of the best!!