Advocacy Letter | Teen Ink

Advocacy Letter

By Jackie Spillius SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Jackie Spillius SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

University of Wisconsin Madison
Office of Admissions
716 Langdon Street
Madison, WI 53706-1481

Dear Office of Admissions:

I am a senior at Arrowhead High School. I recently sent in my application for admissions. However, I received a letter saying I was waitlisted. I am asking you to reconsider your decision. I understand there were reasons for deciding to waitlist me, but I’d like to point out some things that may help you to accept me.

My cumulative grade point average is not the best. But I’d like to point out that as I went through high school my grades only got better, not worse. I have matured through the years and started to understand what hard work means. I believe I will only continue to grow and learn to work harder because seeing that I’ve only progressed through the years, I feel that it will not change. I know getting into Madison would be a privilege. After touring four schools, I am very interested in your school and I’m working hard with the time I have left to get into Madison. I’ve been spending more time studying to fully understand my classes. I am more organized with my time to make sure everything is in on time and completed. And I have gone in for help when struggling with any subjects.

Please reconsider accepting me into your school because I know I can make a difference and do well. I’ve learned to work hard and it has been rewarding to see myself do well in school. When I have trouble with things I can seek help from tutors or other teachers. I will only continue to work harder and I hope you think that is a good trait for someone to have when attending Madison.

If you would like to contact me, my e-mail address is jmspillius@sbcglobal.net and my address is above. Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I hope you will consider my request.

Sincerely,

Jacqueline Spillius