Take a Moment | Teen Ink

Take a Moment

October 2, 2019
By milkaminchaca17 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
milkaminchaca17 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Imagine this, you're sitting down in the forest on a trail alone, all you can hear is yourself and the world. It's windy, you can hear the leaves shuffle, you close your eyes take a minute to listen. Now you've basically become one with the world, you open your eyes, yes you can wonder how everything works like how you just opened your eyes and you see things and start questioning to yourself, How did you become something? How is this real? Or you can listen more use your eyes and observe the world see the leaves on the floor, seeing the phases of how they slowly become part of the trail. Shift your eyes and focus on the far and the close see the difference. It's a very calm situation for your body, you forget about everything you live in the moment processing what you see, hear, feel and smell. You can take this moment with you and try to remember it forever, but you can also take a picture. 


Stressful situations come up and you want to calm down but it's not always easy, think about how much it could help if you could pull out a picture of the world one that you took whenever you felt calm and not stressed. You can look at it for a few seconds and start to remember and feel how you felt in the moment you took the picture, or imagine how you would feel if you took the picture. Pictures have so much story and meaning but my favorites are truly the ones of just the world no humans in it just earth. They can bring you to such peace, just looking at them can calm you down.


Not everyone gets to experience the moment of being at a certain place at a certain time but pictures can give people the feeling or idea that they could have been. If you want to go to Italy and see the beautiful sea and buildings or go to the Amazon a beautiful green and large place, pictures can help you imagine actually being there. They can show how the amazon used to look like, how polar bears and their habitat was perfect and balanced and how now they’re homes are basically being destroyed and it’s affecting everyone. Pictures like these can cause people to want to do something to change how the circumstances are right now. They can open the minds of people who don’t know exactly what is happening and showing them how there has to be a change if we still want to be on this earth. 


Pictures also help remind a person of a moment or a memory, for example, when you turned 18 or when you graduated a picture can take you back in time in your world or your friends or your families. Pictures can also remind a person about the importance of the moment in which they took a picture of. Pictures will never lose meaning because everyone always wants to remember a specific moment in their lives, digitally or physically. 


The world is changing and you never know what is ahead of you so take a picture and save it for the future, think about how that exact picture can help you look at things differently in the future. Things on this world won’t always be the same, the world doesn’t look like how it did before, yes, some people can remember it but for those people who can’t, pictures can be a way to show them how different it was.