The Untold Truth of The Livestock Industry | Teen Ink

The Untold Truth of The Livestock Industry

November 14, 2018
By Anonymous

Breaking News With Conflict On The Range


A numerous amount of sheep found dead November 12th. A violent act was taken place with cattlemen having enough of sheep and sought to do what in their mind thought was their only option. Four masked men rode up to camp on the lower Snake River clubbing and scattering 3,000 sheep. After killing many sheep they demolished the wagon where they killed most the sheep. The four men's names are unknown at the moment more information is still on the way.

Reasons For Committing Crime


There has been a large conflict over the past year of Colorado protesting Wyoming's sheep. Cattlemen decided to pass a resolution in May 1895 prohibiting sheep to enter the Yampa River Valley. The resolution never worked and cattlemen began to think of other ways of keeping sheep away. They passed another resolution prohibiting sheep grazing or being herded through “country drained by the Bear River, which includes all the territory from the Continental Divide west to Utah….” In other words, sheep were not allowed anywhere in Northern Colorado. Sheepherders still attempted to go through the “forbidden territory”. Sources believe that because the four masked men were mad at all the conflict between sheep and cattle, they decided to try and teach a lesson. Although the Snake River Valley is a place where sheep are allowed to be in.

Information was given by Western insiders scoop.