« Previous issue March 28, 2017 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

Make the Most of Waiting

It's a fact: sometimes your life will be in a holding pattern. Waiting sneaks up and steals little parts of nearly every day, or eats large swaths of our lives in great gulps. It's waiting in lines, in doctor's offices, waiting for packages to arrive - but it's also waiting for the weather to change, waiting for good or bad news, for energy or happiness to return. It's so easy to become nothing but the anxious waiting for the next thing in our lives to begin. But in reality, waiting time is no different than other available time. We've all got to use this time productively, so that time spent waiting isn't wasted. (Read more »)

Spend Your Summer at Georgetown University

This summer, we invite you to experience the excitement of college life at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. Our Summer High School Programs offer a variety of ways for you to pursue your interests and get ahead. Live on campus, meet classmates from around the world, and earn college credit - all while exploring subjects ranging from business and medicine to journalism and leadership.
Learn More

This Week's Most Popular Articles

Free Verse

Summer Tease

Fiction

A Wish for Her

Sports

Don't Call it Frisbee

Opinion

Gender Inequality in the Western World

This Week's Most Popular Watercolors

a picknick overboard
Walden Pond
Stabbed

View more
images »

Submit my
own work »

Browse the Teen Ink Website Written by teens

Poetry

Fiction

Nonfiction

Hot Topics

Health

Environment

Forums

Opinion

Book Reviews

Art / Photos

College Reviews

Summer Programs