« Previous issue January 17, 2017 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

Answering Questions About Your Novel

If you're writing a novel, you're probably getting a lot of questions about it from friends, neighbors, and just about anyone else you run into. These people are well-meaning; they are interested in what you're working on, and they're probably curious about the writing process, not being writers themselves. But for someone like myself who guards her novel-writing process carefully, mentioning the novel can seem like opening a big can of worms. For those of you being plagued by questions about your novel, here are a few tips for surviving the most common questions likely to dog your steps in the coming months. (Read more »)

Spend Your Summer at Georgetown University

This summer, we invite you to experience the excitement of college life at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. Our Summer High School Programs offer a variety of ways for you to pursue your interests and get ahead. Live on campus, meet classmates from around the world, and earn college credit - all while exploring subjects ranging from entrepreneurship and medicine to politics and art.

Learn More

This Week's Most Popular Articles

Free Verse

Wishing for Amnesia

Fiction

The Healer

Sports

The Best Moment

Opinion

School Uniforms: Are They Necessary?

This Week's Most Popular Pastels

Just Run
Chalk Pastel Fish
The Rahway River

View more
images »

Submit my
own work »

Browse the Teen Ink Website Written by teens

Poetry

Fiction

Nonfiction

Hot Topics

Health

Environment

Forums

Opinion

Book Reviews

Art / Photos

College Reviews

Summer Programs