« Previous issue November 3, 2015 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

Bookocalypse

Have you heard that the end of books is nigh? People have been having a big old freakout about this idea for years. The thinking goes that in the age of the internet, combined with cheap ebook availability, books will cease to exist. For a long time, people have been Very Concerned that today's teens and young readers just aren't interested in reading anymore, with a world of tweets and Facebook messages to catch up on. (Read more »)

Subscribe to
Teen Ink!

Spend Your Summer at Georgetown University

It's only fall, but chances are you're already thinking about summer break. Now, there's even more to look forward to with Georgetown University's Summer Programs for High School Students.

As a "Summer Hoya," you'll get to live on campus, explore topics like science, politics, business, and law, and meet classmates from around the world. Learn more about our programs and start planning your summer today.
scs.georgetown.edu

Innovative Summer Abroad Programs

Embark on an unforgettable experience through a 3- to 6-week summer abroad program with The Experiment in International Living. Choose from more than 30 programs worldwide--in Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia. Be immersed in local communities and engage with innovative themes like arts and social change, cultural discovery, or peace, politics, and human rights. Earn a community service or language certificate. Form amazing friendships with your group. Financial assistance available.
scs.georgetown.edu

This Week's Most Popular Articles

Free Verse

What I Could Never Tell My Mother

Fiction

15-Minute Wait for the Results

Sports

Jackie Robinson

Opinion

Too Much Homework?

This Week's Most Popular Photographs

locked
Along the dotted line?
leaves in the grass

View more
images »

Submit my
own work »

Browse the Teen Ink Website Written by teens

Poetry

Fiction

Nonfiction

Hot Topics

Health

Environment

Forums

Opinion

Book Reviews

Art / Photos

College Reviews

Summer Programs