« Previous issue March 17, 2015 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

Should Stories Be Moral?

All of us began our story-reading lives reading very moral stories. We probably began with Aesop's fables about the fox and the goose, or fairy tales like Little Red Riding Hood and The Three Little Pigs. In all of these stories, Good Guys and Bad Guys are very clearly defined. The scary wolf is bad and threatens to eat you up; the brave little girl, or the innocent pigs, are good. But often, the good guys are naughty in a way that gets them in trouble. (Read more »)

Subscribe to
Teen Ink!

Long Lake Camp for the Arts - A Creative Summer Oasis

Long Lake is the best summer arts and performing arts camp in America. We offer artists and writers ages 10 to 16, the most creative and memorable summers of their lives. We offer 20 different fine arts studios including creative writing, painting, sculpture and many more. In addition we specialize in Theater, Music, Dance, Circus, Rock Bands, Technical Theater and Film. You get to choose 100% what to do every day while surrounded by the most stunning lakes and mountains. Call about our special offer for Teen Ink readers. 914-693-7111
www.longlakecamp.com

This Week's Most Popular Articles

Free Verse

A Sport Sonnet

Fiction

The Rabbit and the Snake

Sports

What makes a good captain in sports

Opinion

Solutions: Child Abuse

This Week's Most Popular Pastels

Sailboat Sunset
alice untitled
Three Dogs

View more
images »

Submit my
own work »

Browse the Teen Ink Website Written by teens

Poetry

Fiction

Nonfiction

Hot Topics

Health

Environment

Forums

Opinion

Book Reviews

Art / Photos

College Reviews

Summer Programs