« Previous issue February 3, 2015 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

Keep Regrets From Weighing You Down

Possibly one of the most universal human emotions out there is regret. We wish we had done something we didn't do, or that we hadn't done something we did. We wish the universe had tilted just slightly in that other direction. We feel shame about mistakes we made, and no matter how hard we try, we can't change the way things turned out in the past. Regrets can feel like an anchor on your body or a shackle around your leg; they're almost physical weights that hold us down, that prevent us from doing good work in the present or feeling joy about the future. In short, regrets suck. (Read more »)

Subscribe to
Teen Ink!

Summer Intensive Study in the Arts
at The New School

New York. Paris. London. These are just some of the urban, culturally and artistically diverse locales where you can take up residence when you join The New School for a summer study program. Our intensives, offered June through August, are designed for those who are passionate about their craft, fearlessly dedicated to pursuing their dream and taking their talents further. In these two- to five-week-long immersives you'll encounter new roads of inquiry and master state-of-the-art techniques to elevate your art in everything from design, to film making, drama and more.

Learn more about our Parsons Art & Design Summer Intensives at our FREE open house!
Saturday, February 14, 2-4 pm
RSVP today
www.newschool.edu

This Week's Most Popular Articles

Free Verse

What are we fighting four

Fiction

Dreams

Sports

How Far Will You Go?

Opinion

Teens and Peer Pressure

This Week's Most Popular Sculptures

Some Ceramics
Self Portrait
Beyond all Fame

View more
images »

Submit my
own work »

Browse the Teen Ink Website Written by teens

Poetry

Fiction

Nonfiction

Hot Topics

Health

Environment

Forums

Opinion

Book Reviews

Art / Photos

College Reviews

Summer Programs