« Previous issue April 9, 2014 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

Play with Ambiguity

It's very cool these days to be dealing with some level of ambiguity in stories. We see this in the popularity of TV shows like Breaking Bad and The Sopranos, and we see it in a different way in classic (and equally popular) shows like the X-Files. The former shows are playing with a degree of moral ambiguity. They present characters who aren't clearly good or evil, who challenge our concept of good and bad. That kind of moral complexity is always satisfying to see. (Read more »)

Bullying Under Attack

True Stories Written by Teen Victims,
Bullies and Bystanders

Now available at Amazon.com,
BN.com and
bookstores everywhere

Summer Writing Programs at Yale & Brown

Join Education Unlimited at writing programs held on the campuses of Yale and Brown University this summer for two great writing programs for teens. Emerging Writers Institute is a two-week creative writing program for rising 10th-12th graders, designed to develop students' imaginative writing across literary genres. A+ Summer pre-college is an intensive pre-collegiate research program from 11th & 12th graders with an emphasis on academic writing. Pay in full by May 10 and save $200 on any Education Unlimited program at Yale or Brown with a special offer for Teen Ink readers. Use discount code TEENINK200.
educationunlimited.com

Summer High School Program - Georgetown University

If you are a high school student looking to immerse yourself in an accelerated, hands-on learning experience in one of the most vibrant and culturally diverse cities in the world, the Georgetown High School Summer Program is for you. Credit and noncredit courses are available in medicine, science, international relations, law, business, arts & humanities, college prep, and more. Priority application deadline is April 15, 2014 - apply today!
http://scs.georgetown.edu/

This Week's Most Popular Articles

Free Verse

A Sky Full of Dreams

Fiction

Little Red Riding Hood: The True Story

Sports

The Life of Rob Dyrdek

Opinion

The Eye of Justice

This Week's Most Popular Watercolors

Frozen in Time
Double Chocolate
Endless Choice

View more
images »

Submit my
own work »

Browse the Teen Ink Website Written by teens

Poetry

Fiction

Nonfiction

Hot Topics

Health

Environment

Forums

Opinion

Book Reviews

Art / Photos

College Reviews

Summer Programs