« Previous issue September 5, 2013 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

Name Your Chapters

I have a separate file for each of the chapters of my novel. It's just easier to manipulate a shorter document, and it helps remind me to give each chapter its own arc, climax, and sense of satisfaction. I've been returning to these chapters now, trying to edit the novel on a macro level, shuffling chapters around and trying to figure out the overall trajectory. (Read more »)

Summer Program Guide

Check out Teen Ink's Summer Program Guide for the best programs around.

If you attended a program in the past few years, send Teen Ink a review and share your experiences.

This Week's Most Popular Articles

Free Verse

My Special Place

Fiction

Time

Sports

Cheerleading is a Sport

Opinion

A Latent Addiction

Teen Ink's Videos to End Bullying

This September we are releasing our latest book, "Bullying Under Attack - True Stories Written by Teen Victims, Bullies and Bystanders" and we want to do all we can to reach out to everyone who sent us their story. While we could not publish all the stories in the book, we really want to post your story online in video format so you can tell the world what you have experienced. We hope you will join us now and help make a difference.

Please send us a video testimonial about your bullying experience. You don't have to do anything fancy, just record your story, standing or sitting, and keep it to under 5 minutes, if possible. We think our national anti-bullying video campaign might prevent abuse, humiliation and maybe even save some lives.
http://www.teenink.com/Bullying-Videos

This Week's Most Popular Pastels

mataeus
Cerberus in Hades
Spring

View more
images »

Submit my
own work »

Browse the Teen Ink Website Written by teens

Poetry

Fiction

Nonfiction

Hot Topics

Health

Environment

Forums

Opinion

Book Reviews

Art / Photos

College Reviews

Summer Programs