« Previous issue March 13, 2012 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

How to Be Gusty in Your Writing

One of my writing teachers made a great point the very first day of my M.F.A. program. She noticed that the young writers today seemed to be lacking in courage when compared to the writing of the past. There has been an enormous proliferation of "kind of" and "sort of" in writing, she noticed. (Read more »)

We Want Your Feedback!

If you have a reaction to something you read in Teen Ink or on our website, let us know by sending your feedback

Summer Programs for High School Students at Georgetown University

Uncover your potential this summer at Georgetown. Explore an array of exciting subjects ranging from Law to History and the Arts. Interested in a career in medicine? Apply to the Medical Programs for High School Students this summer to learn about a variety of current topics and medical breakthroughs. Study what interests you while experiencing campus life before you graduate high school. Visit our website for more info and to start an online application.

Doodle 4 Google

Google invites student artists in grades K-12 to redesign our logo with Doodle 4 Google. The winner will see their artwork on Google's homepage, receive $30,000 for college and $50,000 for their school. Meet Matteo Lopez, last year's winner, to see what itŐs like to win. Visit www.doodle4google.com for details; Submissions due 3/23.

This Week's Most Popular Articles

Free Verse

The Twilight Saga in About Two Minutes

Unity and Identity of the American Colonies

Teen Drinking

This Week's Most Popular Watercolors

miss potter
The Lone survivor

View more
images »

Submit my
own work »

Browse the Teen Ink Website Written by teens

Hot Topics

Book Reviews

Art / Photos

College Reviews

Summer Programs