« Previous issue February 28, 2012 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

How to Deal with Questions About Your Novel

If you're writing a novel, you're probably getting a lot of questions about it from friends, neighbors, and just about anyone else you run into. These people are well-meaning; they are interested in what you're working on, and they're probably curious about the writing process, not being writers themselves. But for someone like myself who guards her novel-writing process carefully, mentioning the novel can seem like opening a big can of worms. (Read more »)

Subscribe To Teen Ink!

The perfect gift

Walnut Hill School for the Arts

Walnut Hill School for the Arts, located in Natick, Massachusetts, offers internationally-renowned summer programs for young adults who are passionate about their art. The three-week Creative Writing program is an exciting laboratory of ideas, inspiring writers to experiment with language and discover new possibilities for their writing. Walnut HillŐs Summer Theater intensive develops theatrical knowledge through performance and classroom work for further study in school and college. The program consists of six productions in five weeks: four plays and two musicals. For more information on summer at Walnut Hill, visit
WHsummer.walnuthillarts.org

Doodle 4 Google

Google invites student artists in grades K-12 to redesign our logo with Doodle 4 Google. The winner will see their artwork on Google's homepage, receive $30,000 for college and $50,000 for their school. Meet Matteo Lopez, last year's winner, to see what itŐs like to win. Visit www.doodle4google.com for details; Submissions due 3/23.
www.doodle4google.com

This Week's Most Popular Articles

Free Verse

Dysfunctional

Fiction

A Teenage Love Story 2

Book Review

Lost and Found by Anne Schraff

Opinion

So Long, Wonder Years

This Week's Most Popular Computer Graphics

Falling Angel
Rorschach of Death
Help?

View more
images »

Submit my
own work »

Browse the Teen Ink Website Written by teens

Poetry

Fiction

Nonfiction

Hot Topics

Health

Environment

Forums

Opinion

Book Reviews

Art / Photos

College Reviews

Summer Programs