« Previous issue December 28, 2011 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

Should Books Be Social?

I've recently started keeping track of what I read at a site called Goodreads, which bills itself as a sort of facebook for actual books. It's reading becoming social, a place where you can post what you're currently reading, what you've just read, what you thought about it, and what you think about your reading buddies' books. There are a number of other sites out there that attempt to monopolize on our social networking age, turning bibliophilia into a connected, modern hobby. The other one I know is booklamp.org, which has a recommendation service supposedly like Netflix for books; it analyzes your favorite books' "DNA" and gives you similar results. (Read more »)

Subscribe To Teen Ink!

The perfect gift

This Week's Most Popular Articles

Free Verse

The American Dream

chapter one: the night he returned

Twelve Items or Fewer

My Struggle with Bulimia

Call for Submissions: Current Events

From natural disasters to political uprisings, thereีs a lot going on in our world. Do you have a first-hand account, a unique perspective, or a strong opinion on a topic currently in the news? The teen perspective is too often left out of the media dialogue, so submit your story or opinion and make sure your voice is heard.

This Week's Most Popular Sculptures

My secret
a silent scream for help

View more
images »

Submit my
own work »

Browse the Teen Ink Website Written by teens

Hot Topics

Book Reviews

Art / Photos

College Reviews

Summer Programs