« Previous issue August 30, 2010 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

Because of your interest in Teen Ink, we wanted to give you the opportunity to become familiar with our weekly newsletter. If you're having trouble reading this, view it in your browser. If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, feel free to unsubscribe at the bottom of this email.

Foreign Films

You might have seen the recent Steve Carell/Zach Galifianakis comedy 'Dinner for Schmucks,' but did you know it's based on a French film called 'Le Diner des Cons'?  It's true'in fact, Hollywood has been producing Americanized versions of successful foreign films for years.  But just as books often lose something when they get turned into movies, American 'translations' of foreign films are often a little lackluster in comparison.  After the jump, check out our list to see if one of your favorite movies has an original version'one you might not even know about! (Read more »)

This Week's Most Popular Movie Review

Twilight

'Twilight'' based on the first book in the best-selling series by Stephenie Meyer ' is a faithful adaptation that will satiate the thirst of fans and simultaneously captivate new audiences. The movie follows the story of Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart), a normal girl thrust into a secret supernatural world when she falls in love with her mysterious classmate, Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson). He just happens to be a vampire. ... (Read more »)

Win a 1-Year Subscription to our Print Magazine

Just click here and enter your name and address. Every week we'll pick a reader and award them with a full year's subscription. You can enter our drawing every week, but you must be between 13 and 19 years old.
Enter drawing today »

This Week's Most Popular Images

Juxtapose Landscape
The Ballerina
China Doll Face

View more
images »

Submit my
own work »

Browse the Teen Ink Website Written by teens