« Previous issue July 9, 2010 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

Because of your interest in Teen Ink, we wanted to give you the opportunity to become familiar with our weekly newsletter. If you're having trouble reading this, view it in your browser. If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, feel free to unsubscribe at the bottom of this email.

Summer Camping on the Cheap

By mid-July, lots of teens are off at sleep-away camp or on vacation with their parents. Are you wishing for a getaway, too, but can't convince your parents to send you to camp, or can't afford the price of a plane ticket and hotel room? Camping--real, wilderness camping, not this kind (though that's awesome too)--might be just the right kind of vacation for you. You could gather some friends, grab your backpacks and your parents' gear, and head into the mountains, but even camping in your backyard can be really fun. (Read more »)

This Week's Most Popular Article

Mrs. LaRosa

Ms. LaRosa is a great teacher and person to know. She is an expert in almost all areas of her subject: Social Studies. She can answer almost any question that you have about any history topic and if she can not she can point you to somewhere that has the answer. She also has a good sense of humor and is always saying different funny quotes from her favorite movies. ... (Read more »)

Win a 1-Year Subscription to our Print Magazine

Just click here and enter your name and address. Every week we'll pick a reader and award them with a full year's subscription. You can enter our drawing every week, but you must be between 13 and 19 years old.
Enter drawing today »

This Week's Most Popular Photos

A Rose is a Rose is a Rose
California Sunset
Splash of Color

View more
images »

Submit my
own work »

Browse the Teen Ink Website Written by teens