« Previous issue April 26, 2010 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

Good Reads

This Extra Ink was written by Betsy C.

I hope that by now you've found Teen Ink on our social networks: maybe you've 'friended' us on FaceBook or MySpace, or maybe you're following us on Twitter. We love social networks because they give us the chance to share and interact with our individual readers on a day-to-day basis.

Today, however, I want to tell you about perhaps the most Teen Ink-friendly social network ever invented: GoodReads. What makes it so great, you might ask? Well, it's all about books (yep, you could definitely guess that from the name).

Teen Ink has a brand-new profile on GoodReads, and you'll find famous teen-book authors like Maggie Stiefvater and Carrie Ryan there, too. You can find out about their favorite (and least favorite) books, read reviews, and even message with some of your favorite writers. I myself have even taken up residence there, and it's become my procrastination tool du jour.

One of the neatest things about GoodReads is that you can set up any number of widgets on your website or blog to let people know what you're reading, your all-time favorite books, etc. The GoodReads widgets I've used operate smoothly and look both professional and unobtrusive. You can't say that about every social network out there!

Yes, the internet is an infinite ocean of social networks, but I am convinced that GoodReads is the very creamiest of the crop. I'll see you there, my fellow book nerd.

Remember to check out Teen Ink on Twitter, FaceBook, MySpace and BeBo. You'll be alerted about the latest contest, get tips on publishing and chat with our editorial staff. Come on in--the social networking water's fine!

Do you know what's up at teenink.com? We're getting ready to add some great new features. Make sure to check us out often!

Miss an Extra Ink? Go to TeenInk.com/ExtraInk for past e-newsletters.

email

extraink@teenink.com

phone: 617.964.6800

web:

http://www.teenink.comExtra Ink welcomes feedback and suggestions. Feel free to email us your thoughts.

____________________________________________________________________