« Previous issue February 8, 2010 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

Points of View Contest

This Extra Ink was written by Betsy C.

When youre published in Teen Ink, you get more than the satisfaction of seeing your name in print. Everyone we publish gets swag like free magazines and Teen Ink writing tools. Right now, though, were offering quite a bit more than that$200 more!

Were introducing the Teen Ink Points of View Contest. To enter, write your opinion about something you care about, and submit to Teen Ink under the "Points of View" category. Each month we'll award $200 to the winning writer, and publish the winning entry in our print magazine, and our website and on the EBSCO Points of Views website as well.

Okay, you might be thinking the money sounds greatbut what exactly is a Points of View article? The answer: just about anything that matters to you! Teen Ink and EBSCO have purposely left the category wide-open so that you can write on the subjects about which you are truly passionate. A few ideas: body image, politics, drugs and alcohol, health issues, role models, civil rights, environmentalism, college tuitionyou get the idea. Were hoping to hear from a diverse group of teens with their own strong opinionsand that means we want to hear from you.

You can check out the nonfiction section of TeenInk.com to get some ideas and inspiration, but the most important thing is to remember to be true to yourself and your own point of view. That is the name of the contest, after all.

Remember to check out Teen Ink on Twitter, FaceBook, MySpace and BeBo. You'll be alerted about the latest contest, get tips on publishing and chat with our editorial staff. Come on in--the social networking water's fine!

Do you know what's up at teenink.com? We're getting ready to add some great new features. Make sure to check us out often!

Miss an Extra Ink? Go to TeenInk.com/ExtraInk for past e-newsletters.

email

extraink@teenink.com

phone: 617.964.6800

web:

http://www.teenink.comExtra Ink welcomes feedback and suggestions. Feel free to email us your thoughts.

____________________________________________________________________