« Previous issue December 12, 2009 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

December 12th, 2009

Holiday Gifting

This Extra Ink was written by Betsy C.

Are you looking for the ultimate holiday gift? Teen Ink Magazine is perfect for any teenagers in your life, as well as teachers, librarians, writers, and anyone who's still a teen at heart. Heck--you should treat yourself! Whether you're interested in poetry, sports, movie reviews or fiction, there's something inside Teen Ink for you. Find out what other teens across the country are thinking, writing and creating! If you give a young person in your life Teen Ink, she or he will have instant access to some of the smartest, most creative voices of their generation, and maybe will even be inspired to submit his or her own work.

If everyone you know already has Teen Ink (hey, you've got some cool friends), I've got some other gift ideas, too. You can check out our book reviews section to find great teen-approved books. As a young adult/voracious reader myself, here are some of my favorites: I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith, A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Leviathan, World War Z by Max Brooks, and Enchantress from the Stars by Sylvia Louise Engdahl.

Another great gift for teenagers is an activity--something they can actually do, instead of look at or wear once and then toss. If your teen is crafty, try giving him or her a whittling, crocheting, or pottery-making set. If they're into music, hook them up with guitar or voice lessons. Gym and yoga studio memberships are always great choices. Concert, theater or comedy tickets are pretty much golden, too.

Do away with itchy socks and sequined sweaters this year--with Teen Ink's help, you can get your favorite teens gifts that will really rock their world.

Remember to check out Teen Ink on Twitter, FaceBook, MySpace and BeBo. You'll be alerted about the latest contest, get tips on publishing and chat with our editorial staff. Come on in--the social networking water's fine!

Do you know what's up at teenink.com? We're getting ready to add some great new features. Make sure to check us out often!

FACEBOOK/MYSPACE GIVEAWAY Teen Ink Group Subscription raffle! Join our FaceBook group or friend us on MySpace and you'll be automatically entered to win a year's subscription to Teen Ink Magazine. Multiple winners each month! You can also use FaceBook and MySpace to ask us questions and participate in great writing and art contests.

Miss an Extra Ink? Go to TeenInk.com/ExtraInk for past e-newsletters.

email

extraink@teenink.com

phone: 617.964.6800

web:

http://www.teenink.comExtra Ink welcomes feedback and suggestions. Feel free to email us your thoughts.

____________________________________________________________________