« Previous issue June 29, 2009 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

Twitter

This Extra Ink was written by Betsy C.

Teen Ink is always online! By now you've probably found us on MySpace, Facebook and Bebo. You can go there to ask us questions, join our groups, enter contests, and make friends with our editorial staff (always a good thing for hopeful writers)!

But that's not enough for us. We want to give you instant access to the newest and best TeenInk.com content, tell you first about mag developments and contests, and just keep you in the know about all the great stuff we're gearing up for here at Teen Ink. So for this week's Extra Ink, we're letting you know all about Teen Ink's presence on the easiest-to-use social networking site yet: Twitter.

Twitter, for those of you not yet in the know, is essentially a mini-blog, similar to the "status updates" that you find on other, more complex social networking sites. And that's all it is--millions of people around the world telling their stories, 140 characters at a time. It's a small space, but everyone from politicians to celebrities to your third-grade teacher is on Twitter. And we are, too, of course.

We're offering a Twitter-specific contest right now: submit a fiction story of 140 characters or less, and we'll post the best ones on Twitter for the world to see! You can follow us on Twitter to make sure you always know what's up with our website, our magazine, and our awesome teen writers and artists. Come join us!

So, Teen Ink and Twitter ask: what are you doing?

Remember to check out FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter, and Bebo to learn about this month's contest, or e-mail betsy@teenink.com.

Do you know what's up at teenink.com? We're getting ready to add some great new features. Make sure to check us out often!

FACEBOOK/MYSPACE GIVEAWAY Teen Ink Group Subscription raffle! Join our FaceBook group or friend us on MySpace and you'll be automatically entered to win a year's subscription to Teen Ink Magazine. Multiple winners each month! You can also use FaceBook and MySpace to ask us questions and participate in great writing and art contests.

Miss an Extra Ink? Go to TeenInk.com/ExtraInk for past e-newsletters.

email

extraink@teenink.com

phone: 617.964.6800

web:

http://www.teenink.comExtra Ink welcomes feedback and suggestions. Feel free to email us your thoughts.

____________________________________________________________________