May 1, 2009
This Extra Ink was written by Teen Ink blogger Thomas D.
Teen Ink bloggers are full of great advice! This week, Technology blogger Thomas D. offers tech advice that'll make your life easier--and who doesn't need that, especially as the end of the school year approaches?
Go, go gadgets! Technology tips:
* Buy an alarm clock that doesn't have a huge sleep or off button on it, or if you
do have an alarm clock that does, move it across your room because I have found humans
have an ability to turn off alarm clocks while sleeping.
* Create a loose schedule to live by. As Brain Age on the Nintendo DS says, following
an exact schedule can suppress brain stimulation. Schedules help a lot to not get way too
side-tracked. I, for example, need to practice singing and instruments more, and
practicing something NEEDS to get scheduled and done everyday until it becomes a daily
habit. Studies have proven it takes 21 days to develop a healthy, or unhealthy habit,
work on what you need to do.
* Don't rely on anonymity online. In our society, people say things online they would
NEVER say in real life. That is a bad thing, you never know when you will hurt someone. I
don't want to sound like your parents (or my parents, now that I think about it) but if
you would not say it to someone's face, don't say it online.
Tips for PC users:
* Windows Vista is faster and cleaner than XP, which of course is always one of the
main goals when there are upgrades to anything.
* More ways to keep in touch. From Windows Live Mail to Windows Messenger there are
many ways to talk and communicate photos with others quickly and seamlessly(well, as good
as you can get).
* Great gaming for PC users: For gamers, there are tons of amazing ways to enjoy any games from solitaire to Half-Life!
* Music. Enjoy your music on Windows Media Player 11. Also use Windows Media Center
to bring all your Music, Movies and other Media right on to your desktop with a click of
Thanks, Thomas--and as always, check out Teen Ink Blogs for more inspiration, advice and honesty from real teens!
We've got a great social networking contest this month: flash fiction! Check out FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter, and Bebo to learn about this month's contest, or e-mail email@example.com.
Do you know what's up at teenink.com? We're getting ready to add some great new features. Make sure to check us out often!
FACEBOOK/MYSPACE GIVEAWAY Teen Ink Group Subscription raffle! Join our FaceBook group or friend us on MySpace and you'll be automatically entered to win a year's subscription to Teen Ink Magazine. Multiple winners each month! You can also use FaceBook and MySpace to ask us questions and participate in great writing and art contests.
Miss an Extra Ink? Go to TeenInk.com/ExtraInk for past e-newsletters.
http://www.teenink.comExtra Ink welcomes feedback and suggestions. Feel free to email us your thoughts.