« Previous issue April 10, 2009 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

What's On Your Mind?

This Extra Ink was written by Betsy C.

This is a tough time of year for lots of teens--and sometimes it seems like nobody will stop offering advice on how to make it better! We've even been guilty of advice-mongering on Extra Ink from time to time. But don't you wish you could get advice from other teenagers, maybe in a supportive online forum where you can talk about all the stuff that's stressing you out?

Check out OnYourMind.net. It's an all-teen support center, with chat forums that take you a little more seriously than typical social networking sites. According to On Your Mind's homepage, "you can talk about anything that's on your mind, including relationships, school, depression, stress, suicide, friends, parents, cutting, identity, and health." On Your Mind is a project of the YFES Crisis Intervention and Suicide prevention center, but this site is just for teenagers. You know we love that at Teen Ink. Sure, it can be great to talk with understanding adults, but no one really gets what you're going through like someone who's going through the exact same thing.

If you want your worries to be taken seriously, or if you want to talk with peers who will listen, give On Your Mind a try.

And that's all the advice you'll get from me this week.

We've got a great social networking contest this month: flash fiction! Check out FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter, and Bebo to learn about this month's contest, or e-mail betsy@teenink.com.

Do you know what's up at teenink.com? We're getting ready to add some great new features. Make sure to check us out often!

FACEBOOK/MYSPACE GIVEAWAY Teen Ink Group Subscription raffle! Join our FaceBook group or friend us on MySpace and you'll be automatically entered to win a year's subscription to Teen Ink Magazine. Multiple winners each month! You can also use FaceBook and MySpace to ask us questions and participate in great writing and art contests.

Miss an Extra Ink? Go to TeenInk.com/ExtraInk for past e-newsletters.

email

extraink@teenink.com

phone: 617.964.6800

web:

http://www.teenink.comExtra Ink welcomes feedback and suggestions. Feel free to email us your thoughts.

____________________________________________________________________