« Previous issue March 20, 2009 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

Rocking the Student Lifestyle

This Extra Ink was written by Betsy C.

Do you feel overwhelmed when you consider everything on your to-do list? Sure, your parents might tell you you're not in 'the real world' yet, but students have more and more to deal with every day. You've got classes and homework, plus work, friends, college applications, and all those 'extracurricular activities' your parents love so much. Add in a little down time just to stay sane, and the average student's life is way more than just plain 'busy.'

If you want to feel a bit less overwhelmed (and who doesn't?) Student.com is a great resource. There, you can learn about everything from part-time jobs to applying to college, travel, and even shopping. It's not jsut advice, though--there are student message boards and support centers, and a resource list for everything from relationship and family troubles to drug or alcohol abuse. Student.com is a huge site that offers a lot of information, but it's organized and accessible, so you won't get lost.

It's not all business on Student.com--there are giveaways, contests, and a humor section to keep things light and offer a little of that elusive down time. And since so many of the contributors to the site are teenagers (we love that at Teen Ink), you know you're getting current, relevant information.

Whether you'd like to apply for a student loan or just play a free online game or two, Student.com is a great resource. It'll set you on the right path in no time--whatever that path might be for you.

Did you know you can win guaranteed publication by entering our monthly social network contests? Check out FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter, and Bebo to learn about this month's book review contest, or e-mail betsy@teenink.com.

Do you know what's up at teenink.com? We're getting ready to add some great new features. Make sure to check us out often!

FACEBOOK/MYSPACE GIVEAWAY Teen Ink Group Subscription raffle! Join our FaceBook group or friend us on MySpace and you'll be automatically entered to win a year's subscription to Teen Ink Magazine. Multiple winners each month! You can also use FaceBook and MySpace to ask us questions and participate in great writing and art contests.

Miss an Extra Ink? Go to TeenInk.com/ExtraInk for past e-newsletters.

email

extraink@teenink.com

phone: 617.964.6800

web:

http://www.teenink.comExtra Ink welcomes feedback and suggestions. Feel free to email us your thoughts.

____________________________________________________________________