« Previous issue October 13, 2008 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

Teen Read Week

Happy Teen Read Week 2008- Books with Bite!

Teen Read Week is an initiative of the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) and this year they are celebrating their 11th anniversary! You too can be a part of it by casting your vote. Vote for your favorite books at Teen Top Ten and have your voice heard! The Teens' Top Ten is the only book list created entirely by teens- from the nominations to the final list. So voice your choice during Teen Read Week, October 12-18th, and check back on Monday, October 20th, to see if your favorite books made it.

Got ideas for a great Extra Ink or something you'd like to see covered here? Reply to this e-mail to send us suggestions for websites, events, or organizations that would excite you or teens you know . . . we'd love to hear from you!

Have you read anything RAW lately? Check out TeenInk.com/Raw and rate stories, give authors feedback, and get your favorite articles to the most popular list. Heck, submit your own work and see if you can become the most popular author on Teen Ink RAW!

P.S. Call For Submissions: Are you touring colleges this summer? Tell us what you think of them. Did the dorms stink? Were they too small? Was the cafeteria food amazing? Was it in a big city, or in the middle of nowhere? Send us your College Reviews now, and save your peers from the bad choices, and point them in the direction of the good.

Find Teen Ink on Facebook and MySpace and join our online community. Start participating in weekly writing exercises, updates on contests and cool websites, and a ton more! And don't forget to tell your friends about us.

Miss an Extra Ink? Go to TeenInk.com/ExtraInk for past e-newsletters.

email

extraink@teenink.com

phone: 617.964.6800

web:

http://www.teenink.comExtra Ink welcomes feedback and suggestions. Feel free to email us your thoughts.

____________________________________________________________________