« Previous issue September 5, 2008 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

13, The Musical on Broadway

Everywhere, teens are making their mark. Now Broadway, New York City's famous theater strip, is hosting the first ever all-teen cast (and band) in 13, The Musical!

Already winning awards in Los Angeles, 13, The Musical is expected to blow the socks off Broadway when it opens at the Bernard B. Jacobs Theater on Sunday, October 5, 2008. With Tony Award winners and nominees behind almost every aspect of the production, from director Jeremy Sams to choreographer Christopher Gattelli, 13, The Musical promises to be a wonderful show.

With a book by children's author and songwriter Dan Elish, 13, The Musical is a story about growing up, and the difficulties of being a teen. When Evan Goldman's perfect life in New York City is forever jarred by a divorce, he is forced to move to Indiana with his mom. A city boy in a hick town, Evan is a fish out of water as he tries to make friends and start his life again at a new high school where drama inevitably ensues.

Learn more about 13 at 13themusical.com. See cast videos, photos and download the title track for free!

Tickets to 13, The Musical can be found at Telecharge.com or by calling at 212-239-6200. Previews start September 16, 2008, with the official opening night on October 5.

Have you read anything RAW lately? Check out TeenInk.com/Raw and rate stories, give authors feedback, and get your favorite articles to the most popular list. Heck, submit your own work and see if you can become the most popular author on Teen Ink RAW!

P.S. Call For Submissions: Are you touring colleges this summer? Tell us what you think of them. Did the dorms stink? Were they too small? Was the cafeteria food amazing? Was it in a big city, or in the middle of nowhere? Send us your College Reviews now, and save your peers from the bad choices, and point them in the direction of the good.

Find Teen Ink on Facebook and MySpace and join our online community. Start participating in weekly writing exercises, updates on contests and cool websites, and a ton more! And don't forget to tell your friends about us.

Miss an Extra Ink? Go to TeenInk.com/ExtraInk for past e-newsletters.

email

extraink@teenink.com

phone: 617.964.6800

web:

http://www.teenink.comExtra Ink welcomes feedback and suggestions. Feel free to email us your thoughts.

____________________________________________________________________