« Previous issue July 18, 2008 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

TeenTechBlog.com: A Home for the Tech-Crazed Teen

Technology plays an incredibly important role in our lives. And while it did in your parent's generation also, it's much different now than it has ever been. People are spending the night in tents on public sidewalks just to buy a phone. TV now incorporates texting into their shows. Amazon.com has created a contraption that makes it so readers never have to buy a book again.

For those of you who dig the new trend towards AI and tech-savvy living, four teens from New Jersey have started a blog just for you.

TeenTechBlog.com was co-founded this past December by Eli B. and Chaim G., who also do much of the writing. Charlie W. takes care of the editing, and the site itself is maintained by Tzvi S. All teens. All lovers of technology. All for you.

Students at Torah Academy of Bergen County, these are teens who had a project idea and with the help of their school were able to put it into practice with a little effort and dedication. Now they have nearly 4,200 visitors monthly, and rising. With articles written with humor and insight on everything from Xbox and digital cameras to programming and software, whether you're a tech neophyte or a real geek, there is something here for you.

For example, check out what they have to say about a new phone service for baseball lovers here or see the newest from Nintendo here.

TeenTechBlog.com is yet another example of the power of teens when they put their minds to it.

P.S. Call For Submissions: Are you touring colleges this summer? Tell us what you think of them. Did the dorms stink? Were they too small? Was the cafeteria food amazing? Was it in a big city, or in the middle of nowhere? Send us your College Reviews now, and save your peers from the bad choices, and point them in the direction of the good.

Find Teen Ink on Facebook and MySpace and join our online community. Start participating in weekly writing exercises, updates on contests and cool websites, and a ton more! And don't forget to tell your friends about us.

Miss an Extra Ink? Go to TeenInk.com/ExtraInk for past e-newsletters.

email

extraink@teenink.com

phone: 617.964.6800

web:

http://www.teenink.comExtra Ink welcomes feedback and suggestions. Feel free to email us your thoughts.

____________________________________________________________________