« Previous issue March 7, 2008 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

Pulse Blogfest: Q&A with Your Favorite Authors

Everybody and their mother seem to have a blog these days. Not just because it's fairly easy to set up, but because it's a great way to relay information. That's why the publishing company, Simon & Schuster, is hosting a Pulse Blogfest from March 14 - 27.

The Pulse Blogfest is a 2-week event where Young Adult Authors will answer your questions. You can go to PulseBlogfest.com to find a list of authors who will definitely be participating. Among them are James Howe, author of 13: Thirteen Stories That Capture the Agony and Ecstasy of Being Thirteen and Susan Cooper, author of the popular Dark is Rising series, and almost 100 others. In short, chances are your favorite Young Adult author will be available to personally answer your questions.

The Blogfest is set up like this: You send Simon & Schuster your questions at PulseBlogfest.com. Your question shouldn't be specific to one author or one book, but broad enough so that any of the many many authors participating can answer it. Then, if your question is chosen, you can log on to the blog and see your favorite authors answer your question!

So log on to PulseBlogfest.com and ask your favorite author how they get inspired, what made them decide to write Young Adult fiction, when did they first know they wanted to be a writer, how do they think of their stories? You know what all your teachers always say, "No question's a dumb question. And if you never ask, you'll never know."

P.S. In May, Teen Ink is doing a feature on parents. So send us your stories, fiction or non-fiction (true), poems, even artwork on your mom or dad. You can submit your work by clicking here.

Find Teen Ink on Facebook and MySpace and join our online community! And don't forget to tell your friends about Extra Ink.

Miss an Extra Ink? Go to TeenInk.com/ExtraInk for past e-newsletters.

email

extraink@teenink.com

phone: 617.964.6800

web:

http://www.teenink.comExtra Ink welcomes feedback and suggestions. Feel free to email us your thoughts.

____________________________________________________________________