« Previous issue March 9, 2007 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

Do Something

Are you sick of being stereotyped as an IMing, video-game-playing, image-obsessed, apathetic teen? Then do something about it by visiting Do Something, the place where changemakers go.

Do Somethingis goal is to iuse the power of the internet to help young people change the world.i Here, you learn how you can join the effort to do something about school violence, global warming as well as many other national and global issues. You can also apply for weekly $500 grants to get your community project off the ground. In addition, this online community will guide you in starting and managing a Do Something Club in your own school. (This not-for-profit, New York based organization also has outstanding internship opportunities.)

And, every year Do Something gives out Brick Awards to young stars of social change who have a shot at winning $25,000. This yearis televised Brick Awards will take place on April 12th, and Do Something is already accepting applications for its 2008 awards.

We at Teen Ink know most of you are stereotype-breaking, change-making teenagers. Do Something just makes being a do-er a lot easier.

P.S. Let us know how you're doing something. Submit your work to Teen Ink.

email:

extraink@teenink.com

phone: 617.964.6800

web:

http://www.teenink.comExtra Inkwelcomes feedback and suggestions. Feel free to email us your thoughts.

____________________________________________________________________